Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bu-new-cula Bunnicula!

One of the cool things about growing up is that you sometimes get new things added to the old things you enjoyed when you were a kid.

For example, I love the Bunnicula series by James Howe. They're both listed on my list of favorite books. I read them all as a kid, and they were awesome.

Well, now that I'm a grown-up, I've found that Mr. Howe wrote a new Bunnicula book, Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allen Crow (in 2006). So now I've got a new Bunnicula book to read! I'm really happy about this.

(Same thing goes for the new Ramona book by Beverly Cleary.)

If you haven't read Bunnicula, it's about a bunny rabbit who is also a vampire (!). At least, that's what Chester, the paranoid cat, thinks. There are many hilarious, crazy adventures when Chester embarks on a quest to destroy the evil vampire bunny. It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

8 comments:

Tallulah said...

Groovy!

Ciara said...

Instead of Edgar Allan Poe, it's Edgar Allan Crow! That's funny. I bet the crow is all drak and gloomy.
Hopefully he doesn't marry his cousin...

Ciara said...

Oops.
I meant dark.
Darn typos.

Abby said...

Cool Michael, hope you like it!! :) Please check out my blog.

Alex C. said...

Hahaha! That reminds me of "Twilight" and how my mom calls all the vampires in twilight draculas.

Anonymous said...

I love Bunnicula! I think I read that book, but I can't remember. My favorite was Howlday Inn or something like that. =]
-AMR

Alie-oop said...

I agree with Anonymous. Howliday Inn is one of my favorites, but I've only read three of James Howe's books: Howliday Inn, Bunnicula (the first one), and Stage Fright.
I didn't know Bunnicula had more than one books until last year. I completely forgot about it until just now. Lol. Thanks for reminding me. Maybe I can look up the book series and read them. (I should be careful, though. Once I start reading a book series, I don't put it down until I've read every single one.)

Caroline said...

If you LOVE Bunnicula you should check out the musical version debuting Off- Broadway in NYC this February. Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/bunniculathemusical or for more info check out DR2kidstheatre.com/bunnicula Don’t let the name fool you, the show is certainly not ONLY for kids!