Thursday, July 23, 2009

Three Things

1. I like how the first comment to my last post said "don't play Monkey Island", and the second comment said "do play Monkey Island". That certainly makes it easier for me to figure out which game to play!

Anyway, after playing around with DS recording for a bit, I am pleased to announce that my next walkthrough will be for Professor Layton and the Curious Village. That's a puzzle-based point-and-click adventure starring a British guy in a top hat.

2. Speaking of comments on my blog, I agree that it's kind of lame in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that Snape finally gets the Defense Against the Dark Arts job, but we never see him teach. Then again, if I'm remembering correctly, we only saw him teach twice in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: the first time was at the start of the year, where he introduced the concept of non-verbal spells and gave Harry a detention which prevented Harry from being at the first Slug Club meeting. And the second time we saw Snape's class, he talked about Inferi. Neither of those scenes is particularly crucial to the plot, so I can understand why they were cut out.

After all, Snape got the awesome Unbreakable Vow scene in which he...well, he kinda stood there like a statue the whole time while Bellatrix spun around him in circles, giving a monologue. But it's still a very popular scene, so it's cool they kept it in.

3. I came up with a superhero yesterday. His superpower is the ability to know what day of the week it is. His name? The Calendater.

14 comments:

junny said...

ha ha good idea michael!! im sure everyone is very excited for your brittish guy in a top hat game lol
(although i still think u should have started with monkey island... whatever.... monkey island aint going anywhere)

Anonymous said...

You really need to do another Vlog! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a huge fan of your walkthroughs!

Anonymous said...

hey i have a question, how do you record your walkthroughs?????!! like do you have a camera or something.???

Scott Wilson said...

was the ds game oyu were talkong about star lani minela (thevoice of nancy drew?)

Patricia said...

I like the superhero idea.I just figured out that the comicc con in San Diego is today.
I love Alan Rickman. He is my favorite character in the series.
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!
(When Snape reveals that he is evil, I was all like"dang it! and he was so cute too".)
And also they give you absolutely NO backround info on the Half Blood prince. At the end, Snapes just like"I'm the half blood Prince".????????????

Madeline said...

I on the other hand Loved Harry Potter and the half blood prince. There`s some lame rumor going on that Emma Watson(Hermione Granger) Died in a car accident. What?! It is a rumour though. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(The Scene with Snape and Harry didn`t really have any backround proof I agree Patricia but Snape was rather mean in this movie no offense to all Snape fans)But I personally loved Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince. That`s just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I watch each and every of your walkthroughs each day of every week, im your #1 fan.

~~~Aleuay

WinstonsHitman said...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was a bit of a downer but it was still good. Helena Bonham Carter did an awesome job as Bellatrix too. I went to see it with my cousin who has the whole series memorized and someone in front of us pulled out their cell phone and my cousin's like "You did not just do that, this is Harry Potter! You can do that with any other movie, but with Harry Potter? No!"

Patricia( Who is SOOOO worried right now) said...

EMMA WATSON DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!?
When did that happen?? no one could EVER replace Emma Watson! I feel like fainting!!

Madeline said...

It`s a rumour Patricia

Anonymous said...

I think you should should do pajama sam walkthroughs.
They were my favorite games growing up

Anonymous said...

anyone have a ps3 (playstation 3)?

Tallulah said...

Don't worry Patricia, it's a rumor, and it would be all over the news by now if it was true.