Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Picture Party

I was forced to go to a party tonight. I thought it was going to be a party with food, but it turned out to be a "watch pictures of my cousin's new house, then watch pictures of my sister's Euro trip" party.

A two-hour slideshow is not my idea of a party, by the way.

I suppose the pictures were cool. They wanted me to talk about the Greek and Latin stuff because I know all about it, but I couldn't do it. I mean, she took pictures of some of the Greek and Latin statues, but they were so far off that you can't actually see what the statues are of, so I wasn't any help.

Sister: What's that a statue of?
Me: It looks like a statue of Julius Caesar fighting the Germans.
Sister: (zooms in on the picture) No, it's some kind of big bird.
Me: Um...Caesar was a fan of Sesame Street.

I think the only useful thing I could do was translate that Latin sign above a temple. The sign read "M. AGRIPPINAE, CONSULATUS, FECIT", which means "Marcus Agrippinae, the consul, made this". That's kind of a boring thing to translate.

So all in all, not a very fun party.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha.... sounds like a great party michael!!! lol im sure the next party will have food!

Danica Keeley said...

no food? are you kidding me? haha

Anonymous said...

Haha Partys without food are the worst. Hopefully you still got something to drink like juice or something.

Patricia said...

I feel sympathy for you Michael.Maybe this will cheer you up.
Go to YouTube, type in "Chimpanzee riding on a segway" You will laugh very much. although the song gets stuck in your head after a while.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Paul said...

Whoa, people actually slideshow parties? I thought that only happened on TV.

juny said...

every party should have food! whoever hosted this party must have been pretty weird... no offense michael.

Tallulah said...

Sorry about that Michael. Maybe someday I will have a very groovy party, just for you. Well, I would if I knew where exactly you lived (CA, right?)! Hmm. Someday I will find your house and decorate it and buy lots of food (because what's a party without food? apparently a slide show party.) and I will invite all your friends then I will go back home and leave you and your friends to enjoy your party. Take that, slideshow party! Ha!