Sunday, June 14, 2009

Professor Snaglefoompus and Quack the Duck

Woah, my last entry on the ducks in my front yard was popular! Ten comments! In one of them, Michael Kelley said that the ducks might be Professor Snaglefoompus' secret pets, but I don't think that's the case, as this new Professor Snaglefoompus story will show.

---

One day, a duck came wandering into Professor Snaglefoompus' class. Professor Snaglefoompus was finishing a very important lecture, so he didn't notice.

"And that's why sandwiches should have two pieces of bread," Professor Snaglefoompus concluded.

"Professor Snaglefoompus, there's a duck on my desk," Ernie Greengold complained.

"Nonsense, Ernie," Professor Snaglefoompus said. "I don't allow wild animals in my classroom."

"Quack quack!" said the duck.

"Um, Professor," said Rob, Professor Snaglefoompus' assistant. "There is a duck sitting on Ernie's desk."

"Ah!" Professor Snaglefoompus said, pulling out his magnifying glass to get a better look. "This must be our new student! What is your name, my good sir?"

"Quack," the duck said.

"His name is Quack," Professor Snaglefoompus announced. "He's our new student."

Rob sighed. "Professor, don't you think Quack is an odd name for a student?"

"Yes, of course," Professor Snaglefoompus said. "I always thought that Quack was a girl's name."

Rob would have pressed the issue further, but Professor Snaglefoompus was tired from his lecture, so he decided to take a nap in the back of the classroom, and that was the end of that discussion.

Rob shrugged and handed out a quiz to the class.

"How am I supposed to finish my quiz with a duck on my desk?" Ernie Greengold complained.

"You can sit in another desk," Rob suggested.

But it turned out that Quack the duck had a problem with Ernie, because as soon as Ernie finished the quiz, the duck gave out a loud "QUACK!" and grabbed Ernie's paper with his beak.

"That duck has my paper!" Ernie shouted.

"Go, Mr. Duck!" Jenny Blackenship cheered.

Professor Snaglefoompus, meanwhile, had woken up with all the shouting going on in the classroom. "What's this?" he asked.

A few people started talking at once, but they were so loud that he couldn't hear them.

"Ah!" Professor Snaglefoompus said. "It looks like our new student Quack was the first to finish the quiz! I'll grade it right away!"

Professor Snaglefoompus graded the quiz as fast as he could. "100%!" he announced. "A perfect score! Congratulations, Quack! You could be my best student!"

"Quack quack quack," the duck said, proudly.

"Professor, that was my quiz," Ernie said.

"Nonsense, Ernie," Professor Snaglefoompus said. "Quack turned it in, not you. I'll be happy to grade your quiz, though."

"I don't have a quiz!" Ernie exclaimed.

"Ernie!" Professor Snaglefoompus reprimanded. "No quiz means an automatic zero! Next time, do your work."

Ernie groaned.

"Don't feel bad," Professor Snaglefoompus said, giving Ernie a reassuring pat on the back. "I'm sure Quack can help you out by giving you some private tutoring lessons."

"Quack," Quack agreed.

---

So as you can see, Professor Snaglefoompus has a duck for a student, not for a pet.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ernie.....Go Mr. Duck or Mrs. Duck!

Anonymous said...

You should write a children's book!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!

Anonymous said...

2 things.
1. Prof. Snaglefoompus rox!
2. Vlog 5 questions.
a. Can you make a walkthrough for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? Comment: (only 1) I just have a great pic in my head of you insulting Navi.
b. Do you prefer a PC or a Mac?

Michael Kelley said...

Wow! I didn't realize my comment would be a part of the next blog entry. :D

Duck for a student, not a pet?

Well, the teacher's favorite student is often called the "teacher's pet", and Prof. Snaglefoompas seemed to really like Quack, so when you look at it another way, I was right. Haha!

Anonymous said...

you should definately write a summer reading book. I have to read specific books. if you write something in time, maybe I can talk my teacher into it!

Tallulah said...

You. Are. Hilarious! That brightened my day immensely!

Tallulah said...

Or maybe the ducks came from the bog in Nancy Drew: The Haunting Of Castle Malloy. I would get pretty sick of living in a banshee (or perhaps pterodactyl...) infested swamp. Just a thought...

Viviana said...

Michael you are so hilarious!!! you really should write a book. with some of your drawings.

Viviana said...

I think the ducks did come from the bog. =]

Tallulah said...

Glad someone agrees with me, Viviana. :) I also agree with you about the book. Michael, you should take Viviana's advice and write and illustrate a book.

Michael Kelley said...

I agree. You need to go to: www.blurb.com and write your own book... then you can tell everyone about it on your blog and youtube account. I've written one book on blurb at, www.blurb.com/mwkelley :D

Michael Kelley said...

Whoops... I meant: www.blurb.com/user/store/mwkelley

Tallulah M. said...

Awesome! Thank you for agreeing with me and my pal, Viviana. We will most definitely check out your site, Michael K.! :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

I also agree.You. Need . To . Write . A. BOOK! I would Sooooo read it over the summer.Or a comic stip!"Professor Snaglefoompas! The Comic Book!"
I could totally see that in a comic shop!

Tallulah and Viviana said...

Yes! I would LOVE to read a comic strip written by you, Michael!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for agreeing with me about the comic strip idea! I'm Patricia.I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Michael!Michael need
to write a comic stip!

Anonymous said...

bonjour Michael,
Vous devriez penser à vous recycler et écrire des livres pour enfants!!!Vous avez beaucoup d'humour!!!Nous sommes très ...loin mais adorons ce que vous faites...
Cordialement,
Laure

Tallulah said...

No problem about agreeing with you. It was a fantastic idea. I am also a Michael-Fan. It seems our comments have worked, he has already posted some of his comics. Hurray!

Anonymous said...

MAKE A VLOG 5
MAKE MORE PUG ADVENTURE COMICS
MAKE MORE STUFF STUFF STUFF

R U A CHRISTIAN???

Tallulah said...

Why do you care so much if he's Christian??? Does religion even matter when you're a great person???