Friday, June 5, 2009

Five Job Interviews

Okay, so I forgot to talk about the job interview I had. It's a "writing intensive internship" for a company about half an hour north of my house. It seems like an interesting job, and the people who work at the place seem pretty cool, but it's an upaid internship.

I'm not going to drive an hour to and from work every day without getting paid. Especially not with gas prices nowdays (here in California, it's gone from $2.00 a gallon to $3.00 a gallon in about a week for no reason whatsoever). So even if I'm offered the job, I won't take it. That's why I forgot to make a blog post about it.

Amazingly, though, four other companies have contacted me about jobs. Five companies in one week! I've been going months at a time without any interviews at all, so this is certainly a change. Some people might say the economy is turning around, but I'm pretty sure it's just that everyone is hiring for summer internships, like companies usually do. I think that's the case, because all these people are contacting me about summer work, not full-time jobs. But still, work is work!

Today, I played through Nancy Drew: Danger by Design, because I've gotten requests to make videos of certain things in that game. I'll try to get the video up sometime this weekend, but in the meantime, I'm wondering about something. At the part of the game where you bake cookies for JJ, you can open up her cabinet to see that she has two textbooks on electrical engineering. Why does JJ have those books? They never get mentioned anywhere else in the game. It's kind of odd. Maybe this was part of a storyline that was cut out of the final version of the game?

1 comment:

Tallulah said...

Well you shouldn't be surprised that you got so many job contacts. You are very talented at many things and deserve the best job ever.