Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Twinkle Tales

One of the things I do in my spare time is work on books for Project Gutenberg. During senior year, I'd work every day, during the commercials of "Days of our Lives". Recently, I started doing that again, because I have about two gigs of book-related files that I haven't touched in months.

Last week, I finished work on a book called The Twinkle Tales or Twinkle and Chubbins. It's a collection of six story-books that L. Frank Baum (who wrote The Wizard of Oz) wrote under a pseudonym, complete with lots of fancy pictures. My favorite story is "Bandit Jim Crow", about a really nasty crow named Jim.

It took a really long time for me to finish working on the book, but now people can read it again for the first time in about ninety years, complete with all the original pictures!

No comments: