Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nancy Drew Project

I'm working on a new project for Nancy Drew: Haunting of Castle Malloy. See, at the end of that game, you can get awards for doing various things. Using the HerInteractive.com boards, I found a list of the various awards, and what you have to do in order to get them.

  • Ace Flyer: Fly around with the jet pack and land at least 8 times.
  • Chemist Sorter: Put every bottle away correctly.
  • Dollhouse Arranger - for placing a doll in every room of the dollhouse at once
    pressed "Check" and then moved them all one over (but with two in the very top both times).
  • Eagle Eye: Win ever Difference Detective game.
  • Easter Eggs - There are three of them in this game.
  • Fortune Seeker: Get a fortune at least 15 times.
  • Leprechaun Spinner: Turn the leprechauns at least 70 times. (or spin each one 10 times?)
  • Master Printer: Print all four plates in one color, shred, print them in a second color, shred, and then repeat for the other two colors.
  • Stylin' Shearer: Shear at least 10 sheep correctly.
  • Super Sleuth: Talk to Kyler about the glasses, Matt's doll, and Matt's luggage.
  • Thirst Quencher: Prepare drinks at least 7 times.
  • Trivia Tamer: Answer the Trivia question at the end correctly.
Here's why I mention it--the game has bloopers at the end. I got to see four bloopers, because I won four awards (and during the credits, my badge had four stars). But...what if I get ALL the awards? Will that mean I'll get to see bloopers I missed the first time playing the game? Because there are bloopers I missed.

So, basically, that's my latest Nancy Drew project. Replay Haunting of Castle Malloy while getting all the awards, in hopes that it results in getting all the bloopers. If it works, I'll make a video of how to get all the awards and all the bloopers.

This will take a while, so I'm also going to make a deaths video for Secret of the Old Clock while working on it. Seeing as there's only about three deaths in that game, it should be pretty easy to film them all and get them up on Youtube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I played that game I only got 2 stars! It is going to be really hard to get all the stars and all the awards! You should play "The Curse of Blackmoor Manor" on DVD. It's much different than the one on PC!

Anonymous said...

I finally got all the stars I want to see what mitchel(sorry if I spelled it wrong)gets if he gets all the stars