Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dentist Trip

Today, I went to the dentist's office. The dentist said that my flossing has improved, which is good news. He didn't give me any free floss, though. All he gave me was a toothbrush with his name and phone number on it. So if I lose the toothbrush, somebody can return it to my dentist.

I always like to listen to the music at the dentist's, because they always seem to have oddly-chosen songs. One time, I heard "Don't Tell Me That It Hurts". It's kind of funny to hear that song when the dentist is scraping the inside of your mouth.

The only song this time that had anything to do with dentistry was "Open Up". Sure, the song was about opening up your heart, but I can pretend it was about opening your mouth, right?

I'm not sure if that's the real title of the song. I wasn't able to hear the song titles, because it was a French radio station, and the announcers spoke quickly. Speaking of French, Laurie made a comment in my blog in French the other day.

Now, even though someone has commented that I have a cute French accent, parlez-moi seulement un petit Francais. Basically, I know some French because I've read French phrases here and there in various books (and because I know Greek and Latin). But that's reading French, not hearing it. So I could kinda understand the comment in French, but there is no way I could say it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bonjour Michael,
Votre prononciation des mots français est très bonne et... too cuteeeeeeeeee!!!(lol)
Bon,je vais continuer à jouer à "Haunting of Castle Malloy"...Au fait,que veut dire :"Kinda"???
cordialement,
Laure

Anonymous said...

Can't speak French! I hope I will in College! :)

Laure gets around!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm the one who did it at 12:46 p.m. Just guess who it is? PENGUINLOVER2343! I know, I get around! :)

seacoral21 said...

french is soo hard to speak even though i know a few phrases its still hard to learn

patsy said...

Wish he had given you more freebies for motivation. Hehe! A toothbrush is okay, though. And the 'Open Up' song is VERY VERY appropriate during a dentist visit. Was it sung by the Saturdays? =)

"Promise never no more, open up!
I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl. So baby let me back in, open up, open up!"


Love it!

Anonymous said...

I never get free floss!!!!