Monday, March 30, 2009

Thoughts on Danger by Design

It's Day Six or so of my blog, and I'm already having trouble thinking of what to blog about. I was going to write about the books I'm reading now, but I realized that's just an Uncle Wiggily book and The Return of Sherlock Holmes, so I'm not sure what'd I could say.

So instead, here are some thoughts on Danger by Design. The end of the game surprised me, because the culprit didn't appear when Nancy found the lost artwork. I mean, in most of the other games, when Nancy finds the treasure, the culprit shows up and attempts to steal it. That's what happened in Treasure in the Royal Tower, Legend of the Crystal Skull, Secret of Shadow Ranch, Message in a Haunted Mansion, and okay, pretty much every Nancy Drew game with a hidden treasure. But in Danger by Design, nobody notices that Nancy found some lost artwork.

I guess it makes sense in a way, because only one character knew about the lost artwork. But still, it seems kind of odd. Nancy goes far out of her way to solve the mystery of the lost artwork, and nobody notices. Poor Nancy. All that work for nothing. I feel kind of bad for her now.

The end was also a surprise, because it only mentioned two of the characters. What happened to the other three characters Nancy met? I'm surprised that their storylines weren't wrapped up. But I guess that's good news, because it means I can make up endings for them!
  • Heather ended up marrying Dieter, and they named their first daughter after Nancy.
  • JJ Ling ended up becoming Australia's hangman champion.
  • Jean Michel ended up spending so much time at the restaraunt that they named it after him.
  • Five years later, Hugo Butterly was still British.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan. Have you ever tried asking Her Interactive if you could do a voice for a character? You would be G-R-E-A-T!!!

Michael Kelley said...

whoa... really! you're reading The Return of Sherlock Holmes? I'm writing my Senior Term Paper on how the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle influenced mystery and crime fiction novels...

Anonymous said...

just adding to the comment page love your Nancy Drew walkthroughs the Curse of Black Moore Manner walkthrough was very helpful. The voices that you do while playing the Nancy Drew games are funny. Good job on the song you made up about you being the president of the english club that song was stuck in my head for a while, in a good way.

Mandy said...

thumbs up Michael for those funny wrapped up stories

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what happens in the game if you tell Minette that Heather wrote her the mean letters, because I never tried it!

retry21 said...

Hi! I am ten years old. I cant post a comment on youtube... so i wanted to do it here. I like your vids micheal (sorry if i spelled it wrong) and i hope you can do more. Like Nancy drew, riseam ships (i dont know the title). I have a blog too... http://retry21.wordpress.com GO THERE! And post a comment!!! Have fun.

retry21 said...

I like tis game a lot... it is my favorite... until i found out that micheal did scarlet hand and that one is my favorite now!!! Umm just sayin!

retry21 said...

You see i never played a nancy drew game until i got one for christmas. Then i went on youtube and went to Nancydrew and the crystal scull.

And there it was, a few videos on it. i watched them and LOVED THEM!!!

By...
Retry21

Anonymous said...

I really like your made up endings for the other people in the game they're funny!! I liked the one about Dieter and Heather LOL

Anonymous said...

I have one ending for Gi Gi or JJ

JJ eats too many cookies,gets to fat and loses her job as a model and becomes Paris's biggest liar!!!!

Michaelwztc said...

I like tis game a lot... it is my favorite... until i found out that micheal did scarlet hand and that one is my favorite now!!! Umm just sayin!